HaulBikes 2014 Motorcycle Rally Guide
Rally Season is HERE! Is this the year you’re finally taking the leap and going to the rally you’ve always dreamed of? Every rally is a little bit different, so here’s HaulBikes’ guide to finding one that fits for you.
- If you can only go to one. The great Granddaddy of them all, is, of course, Sturgis. If you’re making a rally a once-in-a-lifetime experience, Sturgis is legendary. Held in the Black Hills of South Dakota the first full week in August, Sturgis hosts nearly a half-million riders, and with nearly 75 years to get it right, you can expect a welcoming and well-organized event.
- If you want a naughty, adults only atmosphere. Bama Bike Fest is held THREE times a year, (March, June and October). This group takes their partying seriously – but one hard and fast rule is that you do need to wear clothes in the bar.
- If you want convenient and warm weather. It’s hard to beat Daytona Bike Week the first week in March. , and it’s especially nice for those in warmer climates itching for a ride in the midwinter. (An added bonus is you won’t miss your bike so much – as you would in the summer – if you ship your motorcycle to meet there.) Arguably larger than Sturgis, it’s easily reachable by air.
- If you’re all about scenery and history. Laconia Motorcycle Week has been gathering in June since 1923. Laconia has the distinction of celebrating the gorgeous New Hampshire roads, including a “Ride to the Sky” – an early morning climb to the highest peak in the Northeast (Mt. Washington, 6288 ft.) Then gather with your friends for nightly music and socializing.
- If you’re feeling the Harley-Davidson Love. Milwaukee is the home of Harley-Davidson, and while all makes are welcome, Harley-Davidson riders at this rally will especially feel the love. Free, and right on the lake, the Milwaukee Rally runs for five days over Labor Day weekend.
- If you want more than just motorcycles. Americade – a little smaller than the big name rallies, Americade is big enough (100,000 riders) to really be fun, but small enough to offer tons of off-bike activities (rodeos, comedy shows and boat cruises) if you don’t want to spend every minute on your bike. Held the first full week in June in the Lake George region in upstate New York.
Rally of your dreams too far away to ride? Not enough vacation time to ride there? Don’t worry, HaulBikes can ship your motorcycle to any rally in the (contiguous) USA.