How to Ship a Motorcycle
Wondering how to ship a motorcycle? Here’s the details on how your motorcycle, ATV or jet-ski gets from Point A to Point B with HaulBikes? For those of us who like to know all the details, here is how it works:
- Request an exact quote. Our online quick quote offers a good guideline for your price, and often it is the exact quote, but to make sure that you have a precise quote for your shipment, call Daily Direct/HAUL BIKES at 1-888-HAULBIKES or fill out our online request form so we can send you an exact quote. For your exact quote, we use your specific pick up and delivery address, type and size of vehicle, requested delivery time and insurance choice (Remember $15,000 of insurance with a $500 deductible is included). Also at that time, we can present you promotions or discounts that apply to your order.
- Complete our shipping contract. We provide several options for your convenience: a printable PDF version that you can access from our website, or e-mail or call Daily Direct/HAULBIKES at 1-888-428-5245 to request a hard copy be sent to you by U.S. postal mail or fax. Or request a PDF be sent to your e-mail box.
- Forward completed contract to HAUL BIKES. The contract can be sent by mail, e-mail or fax . The contract will ask questions, such as the pick up location, delivery location, type of vehicle being shipped, insurance choices, contact information and payment method. Upon receipt of the contract, we will process your payment.
- Receive an estimated pick up and delivery schedule. When pick up and delivery trips are scheduled, you will receive an estimated schedule. Make sure your requested pick up and delivery location is semi trailer accessible, meaning an 80-foot semi must be able to maneuver to and from the location.THE PICK UP
- Receive a call from our driver 24 hours prior to pick up. You or the pick up person should be readily available by phone (a cell phone number works great for this) so someone is available at the pick up location when we arrive. Make sure you have chosen a pick up location where someone is available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Arrive at the pick up location. When the driver arrives, you or the pick up person will make an initial inspection of the vehicle. Our driver will also do an inspection review of your vehicle and confirm proper storage of parts. Both parties will then sign the shipping documents, and then your vehicle will be on its way.THE DELIVERY
- Receive a call from our driver 24 hours prior to delivery. You or the delivery recipient should be readily available by phone (again, a cell phone number works great for this) so someone is available at the delivery location when our driver arrives. The delivery location should be a site where someone can receive the vehicle Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Arrive at the delivery location. When the driver arrives, you or the delivery recipient will make another inspection of the vehicle. If you see any discrepancies from the initial inspection, you will note them at this time, or a claim to our insurance company cannot be filed.
- Ride to your destination. When you ship with Daily Direct/Haul Bikes, your vehicle will be hand-delivered ready to ride!
For a few other reminders before you ship, visit our shipping checklist .
Now you know how to ship a motorcycle! And if you are ready to book you shipment, request or complete our shipping contract or call us at 1-888-HAULBIKES.