MOTORCYCLE SHIPPING PROCESS
Wondering how to ship a motorcycle? Here’s the details how we will transport your motorcycle, ATV or jet-ski gets from Point A to Point B. Steps:
- Request an exact quote. For your exact quote, we use your specific pick up and delivery address, type and size of vehicle, requested delivery time and insurance choice (Remember $15,000 of insurance with a $500 deductible is included).
- Complete your HAULBIKES Contract. The contract will get all required information for shipping your bike. All contracts are filled our electronically through a secure 3rd party software provider.
- Forward completed contract to HAULBIKES. The contract can be sent by mail, e-mail or fax . The contract will ask questions, such as the pick up location, delivery location, type of vehicle being shipped, insurance choices, contact information and payment method. Upon receipt of the contract, we will process your payment.
- Receive an estimated pick up and delivery schedule. When pick up and delivery trips are scheduled, you will receive an estimated schedule. Make sure your requested pick up and delivery location is semi trailer accessible, meaning an 80-foot semi must be able to maneuver to and from the location. If we cannot access your requested location legally or safely with an 80 foot tractor trailer, we will have to set up another location that allows access by the tractor trailer
THE PICK UP
- Receive a call from our driver the day prior to pick up. You or the pick up person should be readily available by phone (a cell phone number works great for this) so someone is available at the pick up location when we arrive. Make sure you have chosen a pick up location where someone is readily available . If we cannot access your requested location legally or safely with an 80 foot tractor trailer, we will have to set up another location that allows access by the tractor trailer
- Arrive at the pick up location. When the driver arrives, you or the pick up person will make an initial visible inspection of the vehicle. Our driver will also do a visual inspection of your vehicle. Both parties will then sign the shipping documents, and then your vehicle will be on its way.
Note - We do NOT transport extra parts, boxes, paperwork, etc. with the motorcycle.
- Receive a call from our driver the day prior to delivery. You or the delivery recipient should be readily available by phone (again, a cell phone number works great for this) so someone is available at the delivery location when our driver arrives. The delivery location should be a site where someone can receive the vehicle. If we cannot access your requested location legally or safely with an 80 foot tractor trailer, we will have to set up another location that allows access by the tractor trailer
- Arrive at the delivery location. When the driver arrives, you or the delivery recipient will make another inspection of the vehicle. If you see any discrepancies from the initial inspection, you will note them at this time, or a claim to our insurance company cannot be filed.
- Ride to your destination. When you ship with Daily Direct/HAULBIKES, your vehicle will be hand-delivered ready to ride!
We think you have enough to do when preparing for your trip, so when you ship with HAULBIKES, you will have practically no preparation of your vehicle prior to shipping.
You DO NOT have to drain the gas tank or other fluids. You DO NOT have to disconnect the battery. And you DO NOT have to crate or palletize your vehicle. We only need to be able to move your vehicle onto the trailer and steer it into position.
Here are a couple of reminders to help you beforehand:
- Store extra parts.
You are welcome to store personal property securely inside tour packs, trunks or saddlebags; however to prevent potential scratches or dents, we do not allow extra parts, such as helmets or pipes outside the vehicle. You can ship those items (and the vehicle’s title and keys if you are transferring ownership) with an overnight carrier, such as UPS® or FedEx® or by certified U.S. mail. Also remember to lock and secure your trunk or saddlebag as you are responsible for the contents.
- Inspect your vehicle.
Check out your vehicle and note any dings or scratches prior to shipping and at delivery. Remember, when you ship with HAULBIKES, your vehicle always includes $15,000 of insurance with a $500 deductible. Additional insurance also is available for $35 per $5,000 of coverage. Or you can opt not to have a deductible for $50. Make sure to thoroughly inspect your bike at delivery. All damage found must be reported to the driver and noted on the delivery inspection.
- Remember your keys.
We do not need your keys for your vehicle, but you are welcome to attach the keys to the handlebars with a plastic tie wrap. We also recommend that you bring a spare set with you. Or if you are sending the vehicle to another party, you can opt to ship them through an overnight carrier or with certified U.S. mail.