For those few days you’re not riding, why not indulge in some of the best motorcycle movies ever made? Have you seen them all? Here’s the top 10, according to our Facebook fans:
10. Mad Max. (1979) An Australian dystopic action film, starring the not-yet-famous Mel Gibson. Motorcycle gangs have taken over, so Mad Max is put on the job.
9. Hell’s Angels ’69 (1969) Two brothers have a plan to rob Caesar’s Palace – and they do it by joining a Hell’s Angel’s gang.
8. The Born Losers (1967). Veteran Billy Jack takes on the vicious Born Losers motorcycle gang.
7. The Dark Knight Rises (2012) Among the many pleasures of this movie are Batman and Catwoman on some seriously tricked-out bikes.
6. Electra Glide in Blue (1973) Starring Robert Blake as a motorcycle cop and Billy “Green” Bush as his partner. Harley-Davidson Electra Glide motorcycles were often issued to traffic cops.
5. The World’s Fastest Indian (2005) The life story of New Zealander Burt Munro, who spent years building a 1920 Indian motorcycle, which helped him set the land-speed world record at Utah’s Bonneville Salt Flats in 1967.
4. Terminator II (1991) Arnold was made to play a robotic assassin from the future. By the way, “I need your clothes, your boots and your mote-ah-cycle.”
3. The Great Escape (1963) Allied POWs plan a huge escape from a German camp during World War II.
2. On Any Sunday (1971) A documentary following the lives of motorcycle racers and enthusiasts, including the king of cool – Steve McQueen, showcasing the unique talents needed for each kind of racing.
1. Easy Rider (1969) The clear winner was the flick that has inspired generations of riders, where Dennis Hopper and Peter Fonda road trip to find America.