Here’s a countdown of the Top 10 New Year’s Resolutions for the biker. This year I promise to …
10. Ride more. I think we all make this resolution every year, but this time I’m going to stick to it. I’m planning to ride to work, take off more vacation time or maybe pull out the bike in the winter months.
9. Stop leaving my bike unlocked. I will get a cable lock and be habitual about using it. The cost of the lock could save me the cost of my bike … and the hassle.
8. Maintain my bike. I’m going to check the tire pressure, test the lights, grease the chain, check the oil, wash and wax, winterize it and everything it needs to keep ‘er in top show-style shape.
7. Finally sell that old bike. I will get out that old motorcycle that is sitting in the garage, take some pics and place it up on eBay or Craigslist. I could use that money to get the new one I had on my list last year.
6. Ride my own motorcycle on vacation. No more hassle of renting on site and no more wishing I had the comfort of my own baby. Planning to bring the baby along this trip and show her off. I can haveHAULBIKES ship it to my vacation destination and it will be ready to ride.
5. Get out on the track. One of the best parts of having a motorcycle is riding fast. I’m going to take advantage of putting my bike to the test on a closed circuit free from cars and speed limits.
4. Get some rider training or train someone else. Everyone can benefit from a little refresher course and I’m sure I could use a few reminders. Safety is one of the most important tricks of the trade.
3. Modify my bike. Been thinking about adding that GPS system or a throttle rocker. Maybe even enhancing the engine. I’m going to get it out of the garage and get that modification in progress.
2. Reduce gas mileage. It’s probably time to lighten the load or maybe try out an electric version. Today’s economy is a great motivator to look into reduction.
1. Buy the gear. Whether it’s the safety of a helmet or the comfort of chaps, I’m going to choose the gear that will make the ride better than last year.